cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box keeps crashing

mjdunne44
Tuning in

Hi there.

TiVo V6 box keeps resetting or crashing. Screen either goes orange then is unresponsive or I get a loud data sounding noise then the box runs terribly slow. 
platform is CX960. Hardware version 2048.0 Software version 20.10.1.1.RC5-VMB-11-C68

please advise if we need a replacement. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check which box you have, on this page - both TiVo & V6 both run TiVo-software.

However, no TV box should be restarting and crashing as yours is, the noise sounds like the hard drive has failed. Your box will need replacing.

You can report the fault by one of two methods: 1: Call in (150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone). 2: Wait on here (may be a couple of days) for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi you be best to phone regarding this as they can check the problem remotely and act accordingly. Regards Micky

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check which box you have, on this page - both TiVo & V6 both run TiVo-software.

However, no TV box should be restarting and crashing as yours is, the noise sounds like the hard drive has failed. Your box will need replacing.

You can report the fault by one of two methods: 1: Call in (150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone). 2: Wait on here (may be a couple of days) for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mjdunne44,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear about the issues you have had with your TV box.

As advised, by @japitts, your box may need a replacement.

I have been able to have a look backend regarding this. Are you able to let me know if the issues persist after a reboot? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2 Also how long has this been ongoing for? 

Please get back to me as soon as possible so we can resolve this for you.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua,

Thanks for the reply. 
The issue does resolve after a reboot but on average I’m having to reboot 2-3 times every week. 
Cheers. 
Matt. 

Hi mjdunne44

That is still more than needed having to reboot it 2/3 times a week 

I can look into this.

I thinks its best if we got this replaced for you 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_

HI mjdunne44

Thanks for those details 

I have requested for the box to be replaced 

It will be delivered in the next 5 days 

Can you please lest me know if you haven't received any tracking details in the next day so 

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth. 
What shall I do with the old box?

You have sent me an old Samsung 500gb box. I currently have a 1TB V6.
This is what I’ve just received  

E9C07707-DBE8-4D07-A260-CB0F89625631.jpeg 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @mjdunne44

Having taken a quick look over things, I can see that you have an engineer appointment booked for this afternoon, is that correct? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M