cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box is slow!

Chooch84
Tuning in

Hi,

For the last 3 weeks or longer my TiVo box has been awfully slow.  I've looked at this forum for answers, but it seems like the generic answer is to just replace the remote batteries, which I've done.

I can see the light on my TV box responding to my remotes commands but, it's got to the point where if I used the channel up and down feature it skips multiple channels.  Even typing "101" on the remote is a chore.

I've tried to reset some of the features on the box which I thought might be using up cache, but this hasn't worked.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome. 

Tivo box details below:

Platform: DCX960

Hardware version: 2048.0

Software Version: 20.10.1.1.RC5-VMB-11_C68

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? I'm fairly sure the references you've quoted are for V6 but you can easily check here 

You've posted in the V6 board, those boxes aren't known for being slow - but referenced a TiVo. The two boxes run the same software but are very different in hardware.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's a V6 Arris TG2492LG-VMB.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

V6 boxes certainly aren't known for being slow, so there's likely a problem with yours.

Have you tried restarting it via Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart?

Otherwise, is it slow when you're trying to do anything particular?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Just clearing everything from the box, let's see what happens. Previously I only cleared any recordings and channel info with no joy.

Currently every second or third input from the remote causes the box to freeze/slow down.

It's cleared everything and just restarted. It's still not good, the same issue as mentioned above.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try ordering a replacement remote via https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app

Has this problem started recently? Presumably your V6 hasn't always been this way.

The issue is recent.  I very much doubt it's the remote as you can see the light on the V6 box flashing.  However, I guess it's worth a shot.

Hi Chooch84,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community, sorry to hear you have been facing slow responses between the V6 and the remote control, I have been able to locate your account and can see you were able to arrange a new remote, please let us know how things go once received?

Regards

Paul.

The new Remote has helped going up and down the channels is more responsive, it doesn't play up when I type in 2-3 characters. Trying to understand how the old remote started playing up.