cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box green light not working

vickigilmore
Tuning in

The box is working perfectly but the light is constantly red and never turns green.  Not a huge issue but annoying in that you can't tell if the box is on or not when you switch it on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @vickigilmore,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your TV box at the moment! 

I'm glad to see that our Community Members have been able to assist you with this issue a little further. Sorry to hear that a TV box reset through the Settings page did not help. 

After checking our systems, I can see that there is a local SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) outage that is impacting your TV and broadband connections. The fault reference number is F009929240 and the current estimated fix time is Wednesday 06/07/22 at 14:10.

Please keep an eye out on your TV box to see if this issue will be resolved once the local outage is fixed. Keep us updated on how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's odd. As far as I know the V6 box shows a red led in standby and a white led when out of standby.  I have never come across a green light.

A VM Forum Team member should respond in a day or so to advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I concur Graham.

Is this a V6 or TiVo, though? References to both here - worth checking here 

If @vickigilmore has access to the menu system, a restart via the Help & Settings menu can't hurt.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks both.  Sorry, it is actually a V6 (I also have an old TIVO upstairs!).   I'll try a reset.

Have tried a reset with no luck.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your OnDemand still working?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes, On Demand is fine.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That disproves a problem with the internet connection then.

Does the light colour alter if you put the V6 into standby and out again?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As  far as I can remember from when I had the V6,  I used to see 2  amber (light green) flashing arrrows when there was a loss of internet connection. There  would sometimes be a flashing red light to the left of thme at the same time. 

I upgraded the V6 boxes to TV360's. Now one has an whitish/grey power light when it's on, and the other one is red. 😃 neither are hot and both are well ventilated.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

No, it used to but now it's just red regardless of the status.