cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box beeping a tune and no TV ?

Makarena
Tuning in

Hi all,

This morning my TiVo box has starting beeping a short tune. I have no TV but the WiFi/ broadband appears to be fine. Just an orange light. Can anyone advise if this is something serious?

i have rebooted and checked all cables but no change. 

Thankyou very much x

10 REPLIES 10

ozsat
Superstar

TiVo does not beep anything except remote key presses and those are heard through the tv.  If you're hearing a simple tune it will be the tv or something else.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The V6 does not have a speaker. It can only make sounds through your TV speakers. The orange light is a worry though as it usually means the box will not boot up. It should turn white after around 30 seconds.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hate to disagree but the tune is most definitely coming from the TiVo box. If I could somehow add the video I have taken I could prove it. I know it’s a weird one but it’s true 😬

I reckon that the sound is coming from the hard drive

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

It would be a scratching squeak on not a tune if it was the hard disc - and would also mean the disc is damaged.

But as said there is no speaker in a V6 box.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hello Makarena

Sorry to hear of the V6 issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of this via the forums.

I have checked your account and there does appear to be an issue with the set top box. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details form you to get this looked into further.

Looking forward to your response.

Rob

Just to confirm. Nice virgin man came and switched the box on and it was still making the odd repeating tune. He said it was the hard drive trying to unsuccessfully work over and over. He kindly replaced the box and we are all happy 😃 

I thought I would complete this thread in case anyone else has an odd one like this again. 
Thank you for your support. 
Makarena XX 

Many thanks for this post and the update.  

My box is indeed “playing a tune“ this morning so I shall be placing a call. 

miktractor
Tuning in

Thanks for the heads up. My v6 box has started beeping a tune today. Phoned 150 and engineer coming Wednesday.