cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo V6 losing internet connection (wired lab)

bigpmc
Tuning in

Hello there,

The V6 box loses internet connectivity intermittently-sometimes not for days, sometimes every few hours. The TiVo is using a wired connection to the router, I have tried different cables, power cycling both router and TiVo, nothing seems to help. The issue just randomly started about a week ago. Service status page says no issues-everything working fine other than this. Any ideas?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This may seem pedantic, but I'm going to ask to make sure - do you have a TiVo or a V6? I suspect you have a V6, but the connectivity does differ between the two different boxes, so I'll make sure first... check here if it helps 

They both run the same software but are commonly referred to differently, and the Ethernet cable has a different function on the TiVo cf the V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry for the lack of clarity, it's a V6 box I have

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Great stuff.

In that case, the obvious thing to ask - how is this loss of connectivity being shown? What's failing to work, and how are you checking for the connectivity?

What does the network connections screen report - Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network?

And have you proven your hub port as working with another cable/device?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks