cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo V6 box continuous boot loop

Portugueasey
Joining in

As of a few days ago, one of my V6 boxes has been stuck in a boot loop after restarting itself.
The two diagnostic lights turn on orange, while the power button light turns on white, but after two seconds it turns red, then all lights go off, and it starts again. All the while, the screen displays “Starting up…” and nothing else. Does not respond to remote or physical buttons on the front of the box. 

Previous question I’ve checked does not have the same behaviour, nor do the others. 

In attempting to diagnose, I have allowed it to stay in this boot loop for several hours, but it just continues on until I force power it off. After getting frustrated over this, I left it fully powered off for a day, to allow it to cool and fully discharge any capacitors, then powered it on again, and the same behaviour started again.

So far it has been left on for at least two hours before writing this question, and no change has occurred.

Has anyone experienced the same issue with their box?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A box that won't bootup in this situation has a fault, and I'd recommend reporting it.

You can either wait on here for a staff response, or call into 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) to do so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Portugueasey, 

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear one of your V6 boxes are failing to start.

I have had a look our end and one box does appear offline, so I can help further and arrange a technician I will send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Portugueasey,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Really sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with your V6 box constantly stuck on the loop of starting up.

We understand the frustration this causes and that a reboot is not gong to resolve the issue. This sounds like there is definitely an issue with the box which may require a technicians visit. 

I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you, click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Portugueasey,

Apologies for the delay in response. I have replied to your private message and just need to take a valid contact number from you.

We will arrange a virtual tech appointment as your equipment is still showing as offline. If they are unable to resolve over the phone they will arrange for a technicians appointment for you.

Please get back to me on the private message when you can so I can get this arranged for you.

Kind regards Jodi.  

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Portugueasey,

Just to let you know I have booked the virtual technicians appointment and you will be contacted in 4 hours with the valid mobile number you have provided.

Kind regards Jodi.