Menu
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Netflix "We're having trouble playing this title" issue

Just wondering if there was any sort of update on this issue as I've now been unable to use Netflix on my V6 for nearly two months.

Obviously it sounds like the fundamental issue is a Netflix problem as it occurs on other devices but the fix that Netflix suggest of uninstalling and reinstalling the app is not an option on the V6 as you are not able to manage apps yourself.

I've tried all the other options I can think of, reboot, clearing the V6 cache etc. The only thing I haven't done is a full reset of the V6 but I don't really want to do this as I will lose all recordings and series links etc. and I don't know if it will actually fix the issue and even if it does, whether it will just come back again in a few weeks or months.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Netflix "We're having trouble playing this title" issue

Assuming this is the tvq-pm100 (5.2.12) error, I find that restarting the V6, either through the menu system or by switching off and on, does temporarily resolve the issue but it always returns.

I have previously requested the Virgin Media @ModTeam  for an update and I do so again.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

.......I think this is a Netflix issue as I sometimes get this on my native Netflix app on my Smart TV (don't use the Netflix app on the V6).

Simply selecting the 'Exit' option from within the Netflix menu (which closes the app as opposed to keeping it static in the background when you just go back to the TV and don't select 'Exit'), always resolves the issue for me.

Perhaps this is the same issue showing on the V6....?

When this happens, I would make sure you actually go to the 'Exit' option within the Netflix left hand menu, to close the app. When you reload it, you should find that the content you were trying to play, will then work.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, @deans6571. I’ll give that a go if I hit the issue. Unfortunately, it’s only Suits we watch from Netflix at the moment.

Perhaps I can do some testing if I find some time (or maybe Virgin Media should be doing that).

Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A reboot of the V6 used to fix it but no longer does.

I've also previously tried the exiting Netflix option but again no change.

It seems like the issue gradually gets worse, as initially it was only certain programs and a reboot would fix it, but it's now escalated to the point that nothing will play and none of the previous fixes seem to work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tavis75,

Thanks for your post.

Very sorry to hear you have been having trouble with watching programmes on Netflix on your V6.

Is this still occurring? Are you having any trouble viewing programmes on any other apps such as BBC iPlayer?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos