cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical problem via app

Loosecanons
Superfast

Hi ,

I was hoping to watch the Olympics this morning but my TV was unwatchable. Pixellation on all channels. HD and non HD.

I tried the Virgin media app and ran the diagnostics. It keeps saying I have a technical issue and my TiVo needs rebooting.  Step 3 says 'check service status' but not HOW to actually do that. 

After three attempts the picture has improved but it still says there is a technical issue on the app.

• I had a visit by an engineer some weeks ago who said there was an issue outside my house and an engineer was booked. I am told this has been fixed.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Loosecanons, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I've already taken the time to look into your services on my side and can see the outage that was affecting your service has now been fixed - however, I can still see some potential issues with your Broadband and TV which may be materialising as poor picture/sound on your TV and intermittent connection on your broadband.

Looking at your TV box's specs I can see some levels need looking at by an engineer, which I will book for you in a moment 🙂

As for your broadband, I can see it's been over 40 days since you last rebooted your Hub which can cause issues in itself. Could you please reboot the Hub now for me? It will reset the data in your Hub and allow for smoother connections going forward. 

If you still have issues with your broadband 2 or 3 hours after a reboot, please let me know!

I am going to send you a PM now in order to book an engineer for you 🙂

Speak soon!

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061 - this is probably better than the online status page for localised/street-level faults that signal/pixellation ones tend to be. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Loosecanons,

Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your TV service. We can check if there is a fault in the area, test the line, replace your equipment or book visits for you online, using the service chere here: virg.in/service Japitts is right that calling 0800 5610061 is the best option to know what happening in the area.  Have you been able to get things sorted since your post?

If not, and you are still having issues, let us know and I'll send you a private message.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi 

Thanks all for your help.

The picture has improved but not perfect. I could be wrong but it seems to be worse when it rains.

I lost my phone last night and broadband today. Calling Virgin it turns out I had a planned outage today which I wasn't aware of and to leave it until 15.00.

I've now run the same TiVo test but it still says there is a technical fault.

Looks like I need to get in touch 

Thanks

Hi Loosecanons, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I've already taken the time to look into your services on my side and can see the outage that was affecting your service has now been fixed - however, I can still see some potential issues with your Broadband and TV which may be materialising as poor picture/sound on your TV and intermittent connection on your broadband.

Looking at your TV box's specs I can see some levels need looking at by an engineer, which I will book for you in a moment 🙂

As for your broadband, I can see it's been over 40 days since you last rebooted your Hub which can cause issues in itself. Could you please reboot the Hub now for me? It will reset the data in your Hub and allow for smoother connections going forward. 

If you still have issues with your broadband 2 or 3 hours after a reboot, please let me know!

I am going to send you a PM now in order to book an engineer for you 🙂

Speak soon!

Megan_L

Hi,
thanks for looking for me.
Much appreciated.
When the engineer came he did imply that the loss of broadband and the TV pixilation could be related.
I don't know when when it was fixed outside.

FYI - I lost WIFI twice today whilst working in meetings. The green light on the Hub was flashing each time.
I've bought an [expensive] WIFI booster as I understand Virgin charge for Homeplugs ie via the mains but if it's being lost at the router itself that won't fix it.

I'll reply to your PM

thank you

Hi Loosecanons, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I have managed to book an engineer visit for you. 

Like I mentioned in our PM, if you need to check, change or cancel the visit, you can do so on your Online Account.

Please let us know how you get on and we will continue to help if you need it.

Thanks,

Megan_L