cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech support close at 20:00?

VC10
Dialled in

I have had a problem with my V6 box tonight. The service desk (150) put me on hold and after about 30 secs the phone went dead. I rang 150 and after the security questions and the system identified I had a problem, so I pressed '1' to get an update only to be told VM was closed. I rang again and went to option '2', like an initial call, and was told VM was closed.

Does VM cut off calls at 20:00 regardless of whether a customer is being dealt with at the time?

I'm not impressed in view of the money I pay each month.

7 REPLIES 7

VC10
Dialled in

For a while now my V6 box has occasionally rebooted itself. Tonight it has done it several times and finally locked up during a reboot with the power light flashing white and red. In conjunction with the power light the Wi-Fi and two arrows were flashing in time with the power light. Any ideas what this means?

I rang 150 last Thursday after it had locked, but not rebooted. I rang 150 and after a power cycle they said they had tweaked something and 'it should be OK now'.

I rang 150 tonight and after describing the problem they got me to turn it on and off again and the box recovered. Due to the previous problems I said I wanted a new box to which the reply was that the box will be OK now but call again if there are anymore problems. I said as I had rung with a problem last Thursday and now had another problem I want a replacement box. After a bit of going & froing she said she would check when they could deliver a new box then after about 30 secs the line went dead. It was now 20:00, presumably that is when they all go home irrespective of any customers on the line.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've merged your duplicate post into one thread 😉

Your box doesn't sound healthy, you can try calling back in the morning when VM reopen at 8am.. Otherwise the staff team should pick this up in a day or so should all else fail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, It has just switched itself off again, gone into standby mode.

Hi there @VC10 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that your set top box has been showing this issue! 

I have checked your account and I can see that you currently have an engineer booked for this. Are you able to let us know how things are looking after the appointment? 

Thank you very much. 

Thank you for your response  Ash_C but it didn't address why I got cut off at 20:00 and when I rang back there was a recorded message saying VM was now closed. Is it company policy to cut off a customer mid conversation because it is closing time?

V6 box replaced as my description of the problems we were having suggested that it was a hard drive problem.

I would still like my enquiry about cutting off a customer at 20:00 without so much as an explanation answered.

Hi VC10

Sorry to hear about the call getting cut off at 8pm 

I am able to get this investigated and fedback 

It will be done internally and due to employee confidentiality, we are not able to advise you of the outcome 

However it will be taken seriously 

Gareth_L