Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TcL 55c715k OLED TV - TV Code?

jaypatel39
Tuning in

Hi,

• Just bought new TCL 55C715   OLED TV.
  • Tried syncing the V6 remote with TV for volume.  No code seems to work.
  • Called Virgin support and spoke to theee different folks to go through resets and also received new remote.

Can anyone help?  Really don't want to have to use two remotes.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jay,

there is a list of codes for the various makes of TV Remote Codes 

This link walks you through setting up the remote Using the remote 

You can also try HOME > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote.  Follow instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try.  You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press ok.

You can also download and use the TV Control app to a) control your TV and b) set up your remote Download link 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the feedback.  Sorry, I should have mentioned that I've also tried the 0999 code and was typing the channel up arrow for about 5 mins before conceding that there was no code for my new TCL OLED TV.  The Virgin Media tech support person also talked me through resetting my old V6 remote and trying to set up from scratch.  They are sending an engineer tomorrow but can't say I'm feeling confident that person will be able to do anything different than I've already tried already.

Love the Muhammad Ali quote.. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Jay,

Another of Ali's quotes that always makes me smile -   I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world.

You might be able to get the remote code from the TCL facebook page messenger chat. If you do please share it with us. TCL UK facebook page 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

Sorry for the late update.

Unfortunately,  TCL Facebook was of no help.  Part of me regrets buying the TV.  I know you get what you pay.  I was initially unsuccessful in being able to speak to anyone from the customer support and after someone from the FB messenger finally got someone (apparently only 1 person on their customer support) to speak to me, the response was that they highly recommend that I do not sync one control to use both TV and V6 box.

The Virgin Media engineer was also unable to sync the V6 remote so I have to use the TCL control for vol and on/off.

Bantersmith
Joining in

Hey there. Just ran into this issue myself and can confirm that the 0999 method worked for me on same model tv. Took a good few minutes (maybe 7-8 mins) for tv to turn off but got there eventually and now works perfectly. Unfortunately it didn’t show me the code it settled on. But if you have not sorted yet, maybe try 0999 method again.

Being a complete novice to this, can you tell me which remote you have to use to input the 0999 code. Is it the virgin one or the TCL.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @jaypatel39,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are having issues with your remote.

Have you tried the advice given to you above? Please let me know.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Barryboy3 wrote:

Being a complete novice to this, can you tell me which remote you have to use to input the 0999 code. Is it the virgin one or the TCL.

it’s the virgin one not the TV remote. 

Hi

Had the Virgin Media enginner out yesterday.  He went through the 0999 and no luck after keeping up arrow on  Ch button held down for over 5 mins and us hearing beeps from TV which indicates a match but the volume button still didn't respond :-(.  I'll try again later in the week or weekend.

Will keep you posted.