cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talksport 927

BSPN99
Dialled in

I've had bad reception for about a week now. Reception is fine on freeview and DAB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hopefully it is fixed now - thank you for confirming.

@BSPN99 wrote:

Yes it's been back to normal this afternoon . Thanks.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not seeing any problems here in North London. So the problem will either be with the local headend or your own installation. Talksport is one of the lowest qualtiy steams carried on VM (80kbps). WRN (World Radio Network) is carried on the same broadcast mux at the same quality. Is this also affected?

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that. Just checked  WRN which is OK. I'm in Merseyside by the way.

ozsat
Superstar

Is it constant or intermittant?  All sounds OK in Oxford.

@BSPN99 wrote:

I've had bad reception for about a week now. Reception is fine on freeview and DAB.

It's been the same each time I've tried to listen. Just checked and RTE 917 is the same.

This is odd. If I  Skip Backwards just once it's OK. I can manage with that.

This (or very similar) has happened before and was a VM issue. Then it was fixed each time by just press pause for a second or doing a simple rewind.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect this is a bug with the error correction on the incoming live signal. By pausing for a few seconds the corrected errors are getting onto the box hard disk, so it then plays out correctly when you play back.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How is it today?

@BSPN99 wrote:

It's been the same each time I've tried to listen. Just checked and RTE 917 is the same.

Still the same, but I mainly listen to the recorded programs so it's ok. Is it a fault on my box or somewhere else?