cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV showing only static.

KibbleWibble
Joining in

I got up this morning to nothing but static on the TV. No sound. Virgin have stated that "due to the technical nature of the issue" I should post here, so here I am.

Cables all checked. Virgin on the Go also only giving me a black screen. Turned off and on several times, including disconnecting the cables. TV working fine for other inputs (PlayStation, Rakuten, smart features, streaming non-virgin videos from phone wirelessly). I did the online tests and apparently no issues in my area. Broadband also no issues.

I'm at a loss on what more to try or what the issue could be. Can anyone assist?

11 REPLIES 11

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For future reference. White noise on a digital HDMI connection is symptomatic of an HDCP problem. What you are seeing is the “scrambled signal”, not no signal.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Muzio, 

Thanks for posting to thread 🙂 

I am happy to hear you have been able to resolve the issue with the TV yourself but do please get in touch if you experience any other problems and we will be happy to help 🙂 

Thanks 

Nat