cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV remote

JJones49
Tuning in

Hi, I had a problem with my remote unable to adjust the sound (everything else works) went on line explained the situation they said they would send a new remote which arrived this morning. I have paired the remote with the TV, however, the same problem is still there any ideas please.

25 REPLIES 25

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JJones49,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing remote connection issue. I do apologise that this problem is still ongoing and impacting your service.

Can you tell me if you have been able to take a look at our Virgin TV Remote Issues page on our website for more information and checks to see if this can help? 

Please answer the following questions so we can investigate further:

• Does the remote have no reaction when buttons are pressed at all?
  • Can you see any lights showing on the front of the TV box when you press buttons on the remote?
  • Are you able to change channels using the buttons on the front of the TV box?

Let us know. Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z,

When I try to access the Virgin TV Remote issues page I can't in fact to access this forum I can't do it via  My Virgin Media I have to google for the forum!!

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Is it possible you could provide the answers for the questions asked above 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Ryan,

Who are you asking?

JJones49

Ryan,

If you read what I posted then you will see that I'm having issues and to answer your question.

• Does the remote have no reaction when buttons are pressed at all? Remote works fine other than not being able to adjust the volume
  • Can you see any lights showing on the front of the TV box when you press buttons on the remote? Yes I can.
  • Are you able to change channels using the buttons on the front of the TV box? Yes I can but I can still change channel using the remote.

JJONES49

Hello JJones49,

Can we ask what Tv you have please? 

Gareth_L

Gareth,

LG

Hi JJones49,

Thanks for coming back to us. Have you tried all the codes to input? Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John,

I have tried everything and nothing works unable to find out what caused all this as it was working but the remote seemed to stop being able to adjust the volume requested a new one which arrived but still no good. There has to be a reason but still in the dark good job I did not hold my breath.

JJones

Hi @JJones49,

If you haven't done so already, can you try following the steps and troubleshooting outlined here, notably the steps about resetting the remote, pairing it, and controlling the volume?

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!