cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV remote

JJones49
Tuning in

Hi, I had a problem with my remote unable to adjust the sound (everything else works) went on line explained the situation they said they would send a new remote which arrived this morning. I have paired the remote with the TV, however, the same problem is still there any ideas please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Enduser 

Please try the instructions on the following Help page, it may be that the new remote needs unpairing before attempting to pair again.

There is also another method, best to try with new batteries.

Go to Home > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote. 

Follow the instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try. 

You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press OK

It's time consuming but generally works, and again as @Enduser suggested, don't just accept the first successful pairing attempt, try  a few more as some successes are only partial.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

Enduser
Fibre optic

I had this problem a while ago and found that the first time the handset paired with the TV not all the functions worked.

I discovered that if you ignore the 'first' pairing and continue until you fond a 'second'  pairing or even a third one of them will work all the functions. Try them after each pairing.

Thanks for letting me know I tried what you said 4 times so far but no success will have another go later.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Enduser 

Please try the instructions on the following Help page, it may be that the new remote needs unpairing before attempting to pair again.

There is also another method, best to try with new batteries.

Go to Home > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote. 

Follow the instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try. 

You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press OK

It's time consuming but generally works, and again as @Enduser suggested, don't just accept the first successful pairing attempt, try  a few more as some successes are only partial.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It's not me that's having the problem.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JJones49,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you aren't able to control the sound with your Virgin remote, do you have a Sound Bar or alternative audio connected to your TV?

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN

I don't have anything attached only what is supposed to be still can not alter volume despite trying everything suggested new batteries complete new pairing I just lost at what else if anything to do.

Any other suggestions welcomed.

Thanks newapollo for your help.

Hi JJones49, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. and for confirming you don't have any other equipment connected other than the TV and the box. 

As you don't have any other equipment, it must be that you are only picking up partial success pairings as suggested above I'm afraid. 

I would go with newappollo's advice of putting 0999 in place of the code and pressing channel up until the TV turns off, then press OK. 

As mentioned above by other users, it may take a few attempts. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F,

Sorry it's been a while but the remote sort of worked but I gave up tried everything that was suggested but no luck thought I would wait and see but nothing. 

J Jones