cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV picture pixelation

Oldgitretired
On our wavelength
  • I have reported pixalation several times over the  last 3weks in the Guildford area. Engineers visit resulted in New cable ,filter and through check of system. Confirmed a network fault. Fixed for 2 days then started pixelating again. Seems worse in evenings to a point the tv is unwatchable .Each time I report it I go through the same story and nothing is done to actually fix the problem.  The pixaltion is worse on Ch 112 but others are suffering . Leaving may be the only option.
  • Very strange but cannot type without the line through text
14 REPLIES 14

Hi there,

I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to get back to you sooner - I am still awaiting a response from the AFM I'm afraid, however I am going to follow up with this today and chase an update for you.

As soon as I have any news I will let you know.

Beth

Beth

Apologies - I've just had a look at the account and can see that a senior engineer recently visited to take a look. I am sorry, I wasn't made aware of the appointment.

I believe you have arranged another engineer visit, was the issue not resolved by the senior engineer? What did they advise?

Thanks

Beth

Beth

The first engineer said network fault, has not been resolved. I have reported this fault weekly since with no resolve. The latest is another Tech is visiting Friday as each time I report this ongoing problem Virgin media insist another Tech is sent out. What else can I do to resolve this issue? Hopefully If I report it every day some one will wake up and address the issue.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Oldgitretired, 

Thanks for your update, 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with our service, please let us know how your visit goes and if you are closer to getting this resolved.

Zoie

Hi Zoie  

Picture was braking up early this morning with incrementing uncorrectable RS errors

Visit by Tech this morning checked out this end and in local box in street. 

Tech traced possible problem with fiber optic cable in Virgin media network end. 

Picture stable since, it always seemed worse towards evening so will monitor and see what happens. Hopefully pixelation now fixed after 3-4 weeks. 

Oldgitretired