cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV picture pixelation

tdh
Joining in

Having the same issues with pixilation, had about 6 visits over a few months but still having problems. the online chat operators are no use they dont even read what you are typing correctly. still waiting for and advanced engineer to call me back, its only two days after i was supposed to be called. service not great. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oldgitretired
On our wavelength

Hi Tdh 

It is very frustrating it seems to take ages to get this type of problem sorted. It was only when I got a technician who was determined to get to the bottom of the problem that it was finally resolved. All I can suggest as stated before keep pestering them. Have you asked any neighbours if they have any problems or is it just you. Also ask if a replacement V6 box can be temporary tried. I had all connections remade and filters / splitters replaced, all to no effect but the fault was at network distribution  fiber optic cable end dirty. This was virtually unable to detect by naked eye but apparent on long term test. The self diagnostics on the V6 box shows up as high or incrementing RS code errors.

Hope this helps

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's better to start your own thread than tack onto someone elses - I've done it for you 😉

I'm not sure what you've been told by a faults agent about an "advanced engineer" calling you back, but I suspect it was an excuse to get you off the phone and that you might be waiting a long time.

Without knowing the history of your fault and what's been tried already, it's hard to comment further. If you leave this thread alone for a couple of days, the VM staff team should be along to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oldgitretired
On our wavelength

We only got a result after pestering the faults line at Virgin media, by pestering by phoning at least twice a week. We eventually got a technician who knew what he was doing and traced the fault to a local distribution network problem. He even came back to us to explain the problem. As I am an retired engineer his explanation was quite plausible and not an easy one to find. However he persisted and since then touch wood the pixalation has not reappeared. All I can recommend is keep pestering the fault line.

Oldgitretired

tdh
Joining in

Thanks Japittis and oldgitretired.

I dont seem to have a problem getting an engineer out its just that their visits are not rectifying the problem.

They have changed all wires inside and replaced the cable from the box on my wall outside to the inside.

They have moved me up higher in the box in the street for a better signal and last visit they said they detected a faulty amplifier in the cabinet i think it was that, and was told it would be replaced the next day. Still having issues. told recently someone would call me back as the job has been escalated, no one called. so attempted to call again and got cut off after someone put me through to the tech team .  called back while someone was looking at my case on the computer got diverted to another que. Does anyone know what they are doing there, stop passing people from pillar to post.

currently waiting in another que. 

Oldgitretired
On our wavelength

Hi Tdh 

It is very frustrating it seems to take ages to get this type of problem sorted. It was only when I got a technician who was determined to get to the bottom of the problem that it was finally resolved. All I can suggest as stated before keep pestering them. Have you asked any neighbours if they have any problems or is it just you. Also ask if a replacement V6 box can be temporary tried. I had all connections remade and filters / splitters replaced, all to no effect but the fault was at network distribution  fiber optic cable end dirty. This was virtually unable to detect by naked eye but apparent on long term test. The self diagnostics on the V6 box shows up as high or incrementing RS code errors.

Hope this helps

Hi

Thanks for that, yes its so frustrating. Just speaking to someone on the phone and going through all the checks again, resetting the box etc Said for me to monitor it overnight. told him im not happy with that and wanted to speak to someone in the second level tech team who were suppose to phone me two days ago. Then he says he cant pass me through the the second level tech help all he can do is put a note on the system for them to call me. unbelievable that they cant put you through to someone higher.

Hi there @tdh

Thank you so much for you post and I am so sorry to hear that you have been facing these issues and that the engineer appointments have not resolved things for you. 

Can I ask if you did receive a call back at all? If so what was advised?

Thank you. 

Hi  I had a few phone calls from the customer service team recently as I put a complaint in. Yesterday 20th Oct an engineer phoned me to say they had done some adjustments and to monitor for a couple of days to see if the problem is still there. He will call me back on Friday. 

Thanks for your reply and updates, tdh,

Glad to hear the technician has contacted you with updates and your complaint is being worked on by the Complaints Team. Let us know if you need anything.

Cheers,

Corey C