cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV picture pixelation

Oldgitretired
On our wavelength
  • I have reported pixalation several times over the  last 3weks in the Guildford area. Engineers visit resulted in New cable ,filter and through check of system. Confirmed a network fault. Fixed for 2 days then started pixelating again. Seems worse in evenings to a point the tv is unwatchable .Each time I report it I go through the same story and nothing is done to actually fix the problem.  The pixaltion is worse on Ch 112 but others are suffering . Leaving may be the only option.
  • Very strange but cannot type without the line through text
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That sounds horribly like an offshore faults agent having a bad day, although it's no excuse for not progressing your fault with a tech visit.

I'm going to wave my "magic wand" and push your post up the forum staff's queue for attention sooner than you'd otherwise have. You should get a response by tomorrow sometime, and hopefully get things moving.

Without knowing what has been done "on the ground" with your installation, it's hard to comment any further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like you've enabled "strikethrough" on your posts which is one of the options above the message window when you're composing. It's not on the mobile site which I'm currently using so can't point it out.

As for your service fault - it's easy for me to say but you're paying for a fault-free TV service and if there's multiple and/or repeat faults on your equipment then VM need to keep arranging tech visits until they find the cause(s).

After a couple of visits, more experienced/senior techs should be allocated.

If you're getting nowhere with the phone faults route, then waiting around here for a few days should get a response from the forum staff and hopefully get you moving in the right direction.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the reply, even the tech who visited is pulling his hair out ,I have spoken to him about this after the visit and he has pushed this up the chain several times but still no fix. Either Virgin are really not up to the technicalities of there network or just don't care.Repeatedly I have reported the fault, it was ok for a few days but then reverted back. This is the cycle of events

Latest up date phoned Virgin to report pixaltion again, they were very simpathetic but not much they could and as I was on the basic TV package the fault was not deemed to be important as in reality I only pay for the V6 box and the content was effectively free. Well That just about sums up Virgin media's best [REMOVED]  I have heard for some time.

Substitute (Removed) for lame excuse

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That sounds horribly like an offshore faults agent having a bad day, although it's no excuse for not progressing your fault with a tech visit.

I'm going to wave my "magic wand" and push your post up the forum staff's queue for attention sooner than you'd otherwise have. You should get a response by tomorrow sometime, and hopefully get things moving.

Without knowing what has been done "on the ground" with your installation, it's hard to comment any further.

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post here.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been experiencing these pixilation issues on your TV box for so long, I can imagine how frustrating that must be after having to raise this to us numerous times.

I've had a quick look through the account notes and think at this point it'd be best for us to contact the Area Field Manager to see how this can be permanently resolved and as soon as possible.

I've sent him over an email explaining the situation - as soon as I have an update for you, I'll let you know from here.

Thanks for your patience.

Beth

Beth

Thanks for the quick response, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this fault.

Hi Beth_G.

Re pixalation problem did you get any response from the area field manager? 

The pixalation since Thursday / Friday has certainly not been noticeable and RS errors uncorrected have been reduced with an improvement in signal / noise ratio. 

I hope from what I see or in fact don't see is the result of a definite fault fix and not a temporary system improvement.

Oldgitretired

Well that was short lived pixalation back tonight as bad as before. Obviously not fixed. So when is virgin media going to fix this problem? I know it's difficult to pin down some intermittent problems but it's been going on enough long periods to get to the bottom of it. I have been reporting this on a weekly basis for several weeks. Sometimes totally unwatchable picture that I am paying for.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Doesn't look like Beth has been online since Friday so I'd imagine she'll be around sometime today/tomorrow.

@Beth_G  to follow this up sometime.