cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps going blank

cj1739
On our wavelength

I have a V6 box.

Recently theTV picture has started to go blank about every 10 minutes, for a second or two.

I've checked the cables, and restarted the box, but the problem continues.

This only happens when watching live TV or recordings via the V6. Other sources (Apple TV, DVD) are fine.

Help please... Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

On certain channels or all channels?

Happens on all channels, and also when watching any programmes I've recorded on the box.

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried swapping your HDMI lead, and also into a different port on your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @cj1739,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with the TV service. 

It could be due to a faulty cable. Have you tried what japitts has suggested at all?

Does the sound also cut out?

Let us know so we can offer further support.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

cj1739
On our wavelength

Hello

Yes, I have tried new a HDMI cable, and also swapped the inputs around, all as suggested.

The problem keeps happening - picture and sound cuts out for a second or two randonly (every few minutes) whilst watching live or recorded programmes.

Help please?

cj1739
On our wavelength

Hi, can anyone help me with this? Do I need a new V6 box (and how do I get one?)

Thanks

Switch the tv and everything connected to it OFF at the main for at least 30 seconds.
Then power the tv back and then 10 seconds later start switching the other stuff on - one by one.
It is not always the device you are watching causing this issue - it could be one of the others causing an issue with the tv.
==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cj1739, 

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you are having issues with your V6, I have checked our systems, and there is no outage and your box looks fine on our end, has this improved since your post? Please let us know.

Zoie

cj1739
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie

I had an on-line chat with a Virgin Media technician. He did some sort of remote fix which seems to have reduced the problem quite a bit.

The picture still cuts out for a few seconds, but not as often as before.

I'll keep monitoring it.