cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV guide to be announced

Weefifer
Dialled in

Started with one or 2 but now loads show on TV guide to be announced, tried checking through settings, network etc, no joy, uninstalled the app, reinstalled app but still the same. How do I fix this? I have a v6 box connected by Ethernet.

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The V6 uses the internet for OnDemand, streaming & these updates, so I will assume that the 'net connection is working by virtue of your not mentioning any problems using VoD.

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. Check your box shows the connection in top-right corner, and then choose the "Connect to Virgin Media service now" at the bottom.

Wait perhaps 15-20minutes and recheck your EPG.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did the network check but not looking at the top right so will do again shortly.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think we need more information on which channels and dates are missing.

It is normal for many of the terrestrial channels not to be populated for the second week at this point of the week.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The terrestrial channels tend to populate their EPG for "week + 2" on Friday/Saturday, making the guide a full 14days in advance. They then fallback to a 7day EPG until re-populating the following Friday. Many pay channels keep a rolling 12-14 days.

The timestamps on the LHS of the network connection screen, report the status of the 6hourly "calls home" to update the EPG. You're looking for success or a reason for failure.

I took a screenshot, but it’s a lot. I can’t add the screenshot here, itv 2,3,gold hd channel 5hd, 4E, shy one, sky witness etc etc that’s today, was the same yesterday

Ok will check that out too

LHS says last attempt fri 02/07 at 19.01, succeeded, RHS says Ethernet connection details with IP address and Mac I’d -link status says connected. Doing connecting part now, nearly finished just loading info so will wait 15-20mins as advised in post and see what happens. Thanks again.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So the updates are reportedly succeeding.

And your EPG, is it populating?

If not, can you provide specific examples of channels etc?

I haven’t checked the guide yet, it’s just finished the connecting part. The issue is with the tv connect app, it works fine on the guide on tv. It’s about half of the channels  on tv connect app, such as itv2,3,gold had, sky one, sky witness, E4, there are loads more, hd and non hd. It’s useless using it to see what’s on and when.