cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV guide not updating on one of my V6 STB's

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

Anyone know why one of my V6 TV guides has updated with todays TV programme changes but my second V6 STB TV guide hasn't?

4 REPLIES 4

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

Further investigation has revealed that both my V6's update every 6 hours, I thought it should be every 2 hours, and one did an update at 17:00 but the other isn't due to update until 20:04. I did a forced update which has worked.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like you found the Network Connections screen and answered your query.

VM do have the capability to push updates out with <6 hourly notice, but that's the general rule.

At times like this, schedules often change with <6 hours notice anyway.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This is getting annoying now. I see that again today our main V6 hasn't updated its tv schedules but our secondary V6 has updated its tv schedules. The main V6 last did an update at about 17:00 with its next update not due until 01:00 tomorrow whereas the secondary V6 updated at 21:15 and its next update is due 00:14. So the main V6 updates every 8 hours whilst the secondary V6 updates every 3 hours, that can't be right why so different?

Another thing, I have just done an update manually on box V6's, the main box goes through the options quite quick until it gets to the last one which takes about 10mins to complete whereas the secondary V6 completes the last option in seconds!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both V6's should be regularly updating at a shade under 6hours.

The EPG data is uploaded at certain intervals during the day, and when a V6 calls home it will collect the EPG data that's current at that time.

At the current time, schedule data is very fluid so you might want to perform more frequent manual checks if you want to ensure a more current EPG.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks