cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV box v6 won’t output from HDMI to TV (resolved)

Roshank231
Joining in

No, the HDMI cable and TV inputs are not the issue, I tested 2 other devices using the same cable and hdmi input and had no issues

The closest I got to making it work was resetting the V6 box, I THOUGHT this worked because the “welcome” message in several languages was shown on my TV, followed by “starting up” for a couple of minutes. Then ... Nothing, no input detected even though the box indicates a white light signal. I don’t understand why the welcome and loading screen worked, and my other devices worked, but this just stops once it’s turned on.

my tv: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8999931

I tried disconnecting the hdmi multiple times at both ends and I tried using a different hdmi port on my tv multiple times. Also tried restarting the box and the tv multiple times, does not work

edit: I changed the hdmi input type on my tv from 2.0 to 1.4 and that fixed it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Never mind, I changed the HDMI input type to 1.4 via my Smart TV settings and everything is working now. It was set to 2.0 by default. My bad.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A video output self-test is part of the startup sequence, so if you're getting the "welcome" then "starting up", then there's some HDMI handshaking going on.

That it doesn't get any further, suggests to me the box maybe isn't booting up. If you leave the "working" HDMI connected and go through the restart sequence, how many turns of "starting up" do you get, and what happens after that?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Never mind, I changed the HDMI input type to 1.4 via my Smart TV settings and everything is working now. It was set to 2.0 by default. My bad.