cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV and virgin go app not working

bazpunk182
Tuning in

I keep getting the error 7400 when trying to watch TV and none of the channels I pay for are available. I dont have much time in the day due to the nature of my job to keep on hold. As such I've had no TV for nearly a month now and frankly it's unacceptable.

I've been through all the online support. EVERY time I run a diagnostic,  the virgin website says that there are issues and to try again in half an hour.

Needless to say, this doesn't work either. I'm at my wits end at the moment. Can somebody please help me as the on hold music is slowly driving me insane.

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bazpunk182 

It sounds like your set top box may have been de-activated.

Have you followed the steps outline in https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-error-code/7400 ?

Prior to the loss of TV services has your set top box not been used for a period of time, approx 30 days? 

You've posted in the V6 forum, but can you confirm which set top box you have?

Have you made any recent changes to your services?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It's the TIVO V6 box. I finally got through to someone else who said they've fixed the issue. But im in work so I can't verify just yet. 

I'm still unable to sign in to my virgin TV go app though. Keep getting the "try again in a few minutes" message.

I changed my package in June. So its possible it may have been off for 30 days.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

2 separate issues then.

Error 7400 is an equipment activation error and you may be able to check by setting a recording remotely via TV Control.

TV Go sign-in error is separate.

The 30day limit, although not necessarily strict, refers to a TV box being disconnected from VM's network - if it was powered up but in standby, that shouldn't have been an issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The box was on standby. None of my scheduled recordings actually recorded.

Hi @bazpunk

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the TV and TV Go issue. The TV Go issue - have you got another device you can log in on? If so, try it for me as this will tell us if it's a device issue or an overall issue for you that we need to sort.

When you said you changed your package, did you change the amount of TV boxes on your account? Just going by the 7400 message.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill