cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV and coax

ryhop19
Tuning in

Hey,

I currently have m200 and landline, I have the hub downstairs connected via coax (as normal). I found coax in my bedroom and connected it to my tv using coax to arial . I'm receivng standard freeview. is this the normal

ryhop19_0-1661270544791.jpeg

Z Hopkins
5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Freeview is digital-TV via the terrestrial broadcast network, if that's what you're asking?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

what I'm trying to ask is, even though I don't pay for virgin tv, how do I get signal through the coax to my tv?

How am I receiving  free-view  

Z Hopkins

All TV, VOD and apps get to your TV via a box such as the V6.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Freeview is nothing to do with Virgin. It is a free TV service anyone can use via either a rooftop aerial or if you are lucky to be close to a transmitter, a set top aerial.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey ryhop19, thank you for reaching out as mentioned above Freeview TV is just the standard and everyone can have this for free.

However you can upgrade anytime thorough your contract. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?