Menu
Highlighted
sophie100
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Schedules

Can anyone tell me how far ahead it is possible to pre-set recordings on the V6 box?

I'm on a much older box and can only look c. 24 hours ahead at the moment. Does the V6 look further ahead? Say, a week or a month?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Schedules

about 14 days

0 Kudos
sophie100
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant; thank you.

A follow-up question: I've noticed from older posts that there might be problems with recordings cutting off the beginning or ends of programmes, depending on how well- or ill-coordinated schedules are. Is this something that has been sorted out. Alternatively, is it possible to  set things to record a little ahead of time and a little past time?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can add "padding" to the recordings via the main Settings menu, but this is limited to around 5 minutes. Programmes marked as "Live" can be extended at the time they are set. You can also set manual recordings to start & stop exactly when you want.

As far as "sorting out" the problem, that is in the hands of the broadcasters that provide the schedules.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
sophie100
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Another really helpful response.

'As far as "sorting out" the problem, that is in the hands of the broadcasters that provide the schedules.'

Generally the BBC; more particularly BBC1. A distinct law unto themselves!

Thank you to both of you who have responded to this.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you know the title of the programme you want to record - you can set it using wishlists even if it is not yet listing on TiVo.  Could be years away as long as you have the same box.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
sophie100
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have a worrying image now of the box recording away into the future, long after I'm dead and gone. Not reassuring.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

While it is true you can only set new programmes for the next 14 days reoccurring programmes can be set for ever. I have some from years ago set that are still active. Another thing you can use the VM app to set programmes, I’m currently in the US and have just scheduled a recording for next Friday. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos