cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Picture pixelation

DebJon
On our wavelength

The picture on our TV keeps pixelating, sometimes it is worse than others. However when it is particularly bad it is just about impossible to watch; it was particularly bad immediately after the 'outage' the other week. 

I've phoned 150 and completed the relevant tests with no joy; I really would like to speak to a Virgin representative directly but have no idea how to achieve this.

Would appreciate any help, thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

If you get no joy from calling in, then you can wait on here for a VM staffer to pick your post up - but be aware this may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and go down the TV faults route.Regards Micky

Hi Micky thanks for the response; I did this and ended up in going in ever decreasing circles. I will try again if there is not an alternative. Do not mean to sound ungrateful but I'm just totally fed up with it! Will let you know how I get on. Thanks again for replying. 

DebJon
On our wavelength

Righteo; I tried again and a link was sent to my mobile; I've been down this route before. Unfortunately this link didn't 'lead anywhere', I am so frustrated as I'm just not getting anywhere.

Can anyone please advise how I get to speak to a Virgin rep? TIA

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DebJon 

When calling Faults the system should recognise that called before and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

DebJon
On our wavelength

Coincidentally that happened and while I was speaking to the rep your message came through! I have now got to keep the TV plugged in for 24 hours while tests are run and if that doesn't work I'll need a new box. Keeping everything crossed that it works.

Thanks both for your help; I'll update on this saga!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

If you get no joy from calling in, then you can wait on here for a VM staffer to pick your post up - but be aware this may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DebJon
On our wavelength

Thank you for this; I'm currently coming to the end of a 24 hour waiting period while Virgin try to fix the problem 'on line'. Fingers crossed it seems to be working, in as much as I've been watching the TV for about an hour and it's only pixelated once; not good but a darn sight better! I really hope that I don't need a replacement box as I've saved a lot to watch over the Christmas period!! 

Thank you again for your reply. 

DebJon
On our wavelength

Just a quick update. I phoned Virgin yesterday to update them, I was slightly frustrated as I was on the phone for 40 minutes again and I was only 'reporting' back as requested and thought that they should have all the details to hand.  Anyway an engineer is due Monday; a couple of quick questions, not urgent and totally understand if no replies.

If the Tivo box has to be replaced does that mean I will lose all my recordings? Pretty sure that the answer is yes but living in hope!

The Tivo box is extremely old, is there any chance of getting a V6 box as a replacement?

As I say not urgent and thank you again for all of your help. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @DebJon 

I'm sorry to say that yes you will loose your recirdings and series links if your box needs replacing.

Box replacements are susually like for like.

If you also have broadband with VM then it may be prudent to speak to retentions (thinking of leaving us) and negotiate a new contract and a box exchange to V6, you can contact them by calling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111from any other phone, but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali