cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV. I use virginmedia with a setup box. I used to be able to switch to freeview but now I cant? what am I

Papabob118
Joining in

I have a LG Tv and use virgin media with a setup box. I have an aerial connected but can’t get free view bit I used to be able to? What am I doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What actually happens when you switch the source to TV with your TV’s remote?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi if you have a virgin TV box connected, then you need to find the right input via your TV remote, it's a box with an arrow through it a list of inputs will appear on screen click on TV that should connect with freeview. Regards Micky

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Papabob118 wrote:

I have a LG Tv and use virgin media with a setup box. I have an aerial connected but can’t get free view bit I used to be able to? What am I doing wrong?

If you mean you used to get Freeview AS WELL AS using your Virgin box, then either there is an issue with the antenna at the other end or the TV needs to go through the retuning procedure. Try a retune first (there are plenty of instructions on the internet as how to do this). If that shows up no channels then check your antenna. None of these actions will affect your Virgin box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Papabob118

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, have you been able to follow the suggestions above to get this sorted? Please do provide us with an update.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks everyone for your replies. I couldn’t find out how to reply to you? I had to have a new aerial and the kind fitter set up the TV for me. It needed reprogramming. Thanks again forum.