cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Guide

Declanworld
Fibre optic

I'm getting 'to be announced' on the entire ITV channel.  I've restarted the box and chaecked the network connection - any ideas?

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-10 at 11.00.06 AM.jpeg

26 REPLIES 26

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've provided a screenshot of the TV Control app, but posted in the TiVo forum - which would tend to suggest you also have a problem with your set-top-box's TV guide.

Which device are you having a problem with? And if it's your set-top-box, can you confirm whether you...

1: Have a TiVo or a V6? Check here if you're not sure.

2: More importantly, can you use OnDemand on your box? Both the guide updates & OnDemand use the internet, so proving that working is half the issue here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Aplologies for posting in the wrong forum (I'd assumed I had a Tivo until now) - it's a V6.

OnDemand is working fine.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No problem, TiVo & V6 boxes both run TiVo software but have very different internet connectivity. I've moved your post.

You've not answered my question on whether the problem you've posted about is with the TV Control app or your V6 box, but I will presume it's your TV box.

If OnDemand works, then your internet connection is working - so it's just your guide updates that are missing. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to VM services now - wait perhaps 30minutes and recheck that your onscreen TV guide has correctly populated.

If this isn't the problem, or this doesn't resolve the problem - then reply with as many specifics/as much info as you can muster. On fora such as these, it's rarely possible to give too much info, but you can easily give too little to enable others to help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I'm sorry that the screenshot misled - I thought it was easier to get it on the app than snapping the TV screen.

I did the 'Connect to VM services' function this morning after googling a solution, so no joy on that front.

I've logged into the TV guide via my PC - same problem (see screenshot).

001.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In a previous screenshot I thought your issue was with the STV listings - I now see it's UTV - you've not explicity said, but are we to presume the problem is only with your V6's listings for UTV? I can't recall how the ITV franchise is carried in Belfast, but I'm presuming that UTV-HD is 103, UTV-SD is 113 & UTV+1 is 114... do you have the same problem with all 3?

And are the listings incomplete for the whole of the next 14days?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, are the connections timestamped as succeeding on the LHS?

Sorry that you've suffered from our local idiosyncrasy of always saying 'ITV' instead of 'UTV'.

All the non-HD channels you've mentioned are issue-free.  Channel 103 has nothing listed until 6:00am on Sunday 17 April.

Network connections are all perfect.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Declanworld wrote:

All the non-HD channels you've mentioned are issue-free.  Channel 103 has nothing listed until 6:00am on Sunday 17 April.

Ah-ha. In that case, this looks like a case of missing listings. If it affects all users in Belfast as I'd expect, I'm surprised there's been no other posts.

You could try emailing tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk who won't generally reply but will get issues sorted in a day or so. That should at least cover you from Monday PM onwards.

Were these previously populated and have been wiped clean recently? Or they've never been listed in the first place? Terrestrial channels normally populate week+2 between Friday>Sunday each week.

I was surprised also that there were no other North of Ireland complaints - maybe makes me an oul whinger. 😮

I've never seen my guide with missing programme details beyond today and tomorrow.  I only display my favourite channels and religiously check the listings for those days.

Have had the same problems for the past few days, so checked the forum and found this message.

Likewise checked connections etc.

103 UTV HD has the problem

113 UTV SD is fine.

I've sent an email to the address mentioned above, hopefully it will be resolved soon.

regards

Les