Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV ERROR S102/V53- no TV

ALF28
Super solver

13.00 21/09/2022- V6 box error codes S102/V53

No tv channels, TV BOX keeps trying to load channels but sticks at 33%

Service status area 30- TV issue. (must be an outage/fault in my area)

We hope to fix this by 22 September at 17:55

Using freeview.

Apps and recordings work OK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ALF28 

It appears to be a Teesside issue as it's affected my TV services here in Middlesbrough too.

The online service status error message is only relating to some apps like BBC iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube which may be unavailable at the moment, with the reported fix time of 17:55 - so this is separate to the current TV outage

The apps on the TV set top box are actually working for me, as is catch up and recordings.

Using my PC and also tablet/mobiles I can still watch most channels usingTVGO, however I can't cast them to my TV.

The automated service number 0800 561 0061 is reporting no TV issues, however it may be that VM aren't yet aware of this outage, so may be worthwhile yourself and neighbours phoning that number so it's picked up.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ALF28 

It appears to be a Teesside issue as it's affected my TV services here in Middlesbrough too.

The online service status error message is only relating to some apps like BBC iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube which may be unavailable at the moment, with the reported fix time of 17:55 - so this is separate to the current TV outage

The apps on the TV set top box are actually working for me, as is catch up and recordings.

Using my PC and also tablet/mobiles I can still watch most channels usingTVGO, however I can't cast them to my TV.

The automated service number 0800 561 0061 is reporting no TV issues, however it may be that VM aren't yet aware of this outage, so may be worthwhile yourself and neighbours phoning that number so it's picked up.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

LX93
Tuning in

Same issue. Service Status reporting issues with BBC iPlayer, Youtube etc. on Demand apps which are all working for me but live TV, nope completely dead.

Abbafan
Tuning in

Also want to confirm this same issue.

Can see the menus and everything just fine (previous help threads on the forum suggested this was a HDMI issue). Factory reset box as well, no difference.

bigbadbod
Dialled in

Same errors, had no broadband or TV since 12.15 this afternoon. On the status page it reckoned a fix by 16.45.......

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've just checked on my status page and it's listing two problems (the second of which is the BBC iPlayer, Youtube catch up/on demand)

It now recognises the loss of TV services and advises

We hope to fix this by 21 September at 20:40

Our technician is in your area and is working to fix things.

Some TV channels may be unavailable at the moment.Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

EDIT - Just as typed this my channels came back on

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

My TV now backup lol, Broadband still down though. 

bigbadbod
Dialled in

Broadband backup now

ALF28
Super solver

area 30 

My tv was was back working at 19.15, so that is good and that Virgin media fixed it  fairly quickly looking at the estimated fix times.

jawilliamson
Dialled in

Well although it came back on again last night.  The TV is playing up again this morning,  BBC completely scrambled.  When I switched to Sky News, I'm left with the scrambled BBC image and sound from Sky News.  It's completely unusable.

To make matters worse, where I am in TS5, despite having an external aerial and having retuned, Freeview is intermittent since Bilsdale was reduced to the height of a lamp post.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/45d6f28a52dec6b290d1fe97eb56cb3749a2688d