cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV C130 error code

hairycornflake
Just joined

I have a c130 error code. I have an ethernet feed tested on a laptop. Reset the boxes , changed cables, checked through settings, switched to WiFi (which works), but no ethernet feed being recognised by the box. Router shows and active feed and traffic.

I've read and followed advice on the forum regarding testing and resetting. Spent 3-4hrs with "chat" which was a complete waste of time.

Phone support was unsupportive.

Any suggestions.

Spent over an hour being sent in circles on the website looking for email or alternative contact channel. I even got an error "feedback failed" on leaving feedback regarding support the page after "we value your feedback," clearly not!

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hairycornflake wrote:

I have a c130 error code. I have an ethernet feed tested on a laptop. Reset the boxes , changed cables, checked through settings, switched to WiFi (which works), but no ethernet feed being recognised by the box. Router shows and active feed and traffic.

If the V6 sees an Ethernet cable connected, that should override wireless.

So within the network connections screen on your V6, what are you seeing in the top-right with Ethernet connected?

Do you see an allocated IP, and does it match with what the router reports? Not sure what you mean by "router shows an active feed and traffic".

On the LHS, does the V6 show successful connections - and if not, what does it report?

If connections all seem ok, you can force a manual connection using "Connect to Virgin Media services now" at the bottom.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi hairycornflake,

I see you've tried the ethernet cable on a laptop which worked.

Have you tried a different ethernet cable, also a different ethernet port on the router?

It's possible it's a faulty ethernet port on either the hub or V6, or it isn't seated correctly in the V6.  You can test the ethernet cables/ports on the hub by placing both ends of the cable into the ports and making sure both ports flash.

What does it show on screen when the ethernet cable is connected to both the V6 and hub when you go to 

Help & Settings >  Settings >  Network >  Connection in progress: get status or Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

Have you tried renaming the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz settings in the hub and then connecting the V6 to each in turn?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @hairycornflake,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are unable to use your TV.

I can see two of our VIPs have replied with amazing advice and some question which we also need the answers to, can you please read and respond if you need help with this still?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide