Menu
Highlighted
AntJar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Box Cuts in and out at random times

Since we came back from holiday last week our TV box has been losing picture and sound at random times, which is very frustrating. The picture cuts out and the TV displays an 'out of range' message (which we usually get when the TV is on but not the V6 box). It stays like this for anything between a couple of seconds and a minute. The V6 power light stays white and eventually the picture and sound kick in again.

I've checked all of the connections, run some diagnostic checks and switched it off and on again a couple of times, but it's still happening.

Can anyone offer any advice?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Box Cuts in and out at random times

Hi AntJar,

Thanks for posting, my apologies for the service issues.

I've ran a check on the services and rebooted them remotely, everything now looks fine, can you check for me and monitor?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

AntJar
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS

Thanks so much for looking at this for me, but I'm afraid that the problem is still happening.

I thought the glitch was gone last night, but it's just done the same thing four times in quick succession as my children watched iPlayer this morning.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks again

Antony

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to us AntJar

Apologies this problem has resumed. Can we ask if this is on one particular channel or all channels?

Do you happen to get an error code at all? Have you rebooted the box since yesterday evening?

Let me know and we can take a look in to this further for you.

Thanks Jodi

AntJar
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jodie!

it’s the whole box, I’m afraid (Netflix, iPlayer, live TV etc) but the odd thing is that the whole/yellow power light stays on (doesn’t go red to show the box is on standby). I’ve checked connections to the TV and they seem fine and the only error message displayed is the TV’s ‘Out of Range’ message, which shows the TV is still on and working.

i haven’t Rebooted since it was done remotely by your colleague. I’m out for the day now, but will do that when I get in.

thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That would be great if you can AntJar,

Once you have rebooted and if this problem persist we would need to investigate this further for you. We may need to get a technician to attend if this problem persist.

When you get home this afternoon, give it one last reboot and of the problem does not resolve itself please come straight back to us.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos