cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Apps not working.

Gillycats
Tuning in

Hi. We have 22 TV apps but only Netflix is working. The others include Virgin Store, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer. We go to home page, then Apps and Games, and All Apps. It comes up with all the Apps, which being on the TV we don’t add or remove them as it’s our package. We have rebooted but it makes no difference. Any help would be appreciated as we’re paying a lot for things we can’t use. Many thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you view OnDemand programmes? Not using any of the apps but from the menu directly. Anything from ITV, C4 or C5 that's listed as "Watch from CatchUp" would be a good test if you're not sure.

What happens if you try using the iPlayer?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello and thank you for your reply!

So I’ve just tried it and On Demand is working fine. The iPlayer doesn’t work from the all apps page. Is the red button the other way to access it? It doesn’t do anything.when I try to access it from BBC1. I apologise for being an idiot, I’m clueless! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So in the specific case of the iPlayer, you can access it various ways..

1: Via the apps menu

2: Via the CatchUp > All channels > BBC menu

3: Find any BBC programme in the EPG, and choose "watch from catchup"

4: Red-button from any BBC channel

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Gillycats, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the Apps not working on the set top box.

Can you please confirm if the recent assistance is now allowing you to access the applications and the content produced?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi

It was fixed after a phone call to Virgin. Some kind of glitch they said. Still strange that we had Netflix but none of the other 21 apps! 
I would say that calling Virgin was difficult because finding their contact numbers is so hard! 

Hi Gillycats

Thanks for coming back to the thread and confirming it's resolved.

Do pop back if you ever need further assistance 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill