cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIVO Connection Drops From TV

hughesbear
Joining in

I just bought a new Samsung TV (QE65Q80BATXXU 65 Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED) and connected my TIVO box but every day the connection between the box and TV keeps dropping, I then need to unplug and replug the HTML cable, this works but I then I also need to set up the connection with the TV every time and this is a real pain. When I was changing the TV I did damaged my existing TIVO HTML cable (damaged at the TV end not the TIVO end) so just used a spare one I had. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be, is my TIVO box just getting too old for new technology or do I need to use a special specific type of HTML cable? I have an 85 year old here and if this happens when they are alone they have no idea how to fix it and don't have TV access. Thanking you in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Basically, you need an HDMI 2.0 minimum cable which supports HDCP 2.2.

Use the search term ‘HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 cable’ on Amazon, for example.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The HDMI specification has several versions, e.g. 1.4, 2.0 and 2.1. HDMI cables, however, have no version numbers but are categorised as Standard, High Speed, Premium High Speed and Ultra High Speed. Most cables sold are High Speed which support 4K (up to 24fps), HDR and wide colour gamuts. If, however, you want support for any 4K such as 60fps you need Premium High Speed.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for a quick response, I will order a new cable and see how it goes

Thanks for a quick response, I will order a new cable and see how it goes