cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIVO Boxes V6 loose Internet Connection

Margret
Tuning in

Two of my Tivo V6 boxes keep dropping their wifi connection to the internet. The red wifi and the up and down arrow symbols light up. I go to network settings and it says No Internet Connection No Signal, No DNS, I then try reconnecting by selecting wifi and searching for my network, The Tivo boxes cannot see any networks. I reboot and the boxes reconnect.  The Tivos then work again complete with internet, Signal strength of 90 percent (excellent) sometimes for a couple of days or a few hours sometimes only a few minutes  before it again loses connection. I know it's not my internet/wifi as everything else on my network is still connected.  Super Hub 3 in modem mode, ASUS RT-AC86U Router.  Connecting these boxes via ethernet is not an option, I have no one to do it for me and I could not physically manage it. The only reason I had the 3rd party router was because the Super Hub 3 was such rubbish and Virgin Media Customer Services did not have a solution to my rubbish broadband issues.  1) TV connected via ethernet on 5g  (same room as the hub) 1) TV connected via wireless  on 5g (next room) 1) TV connected via wireless WAS 5g trying it NOW on 2.4 (seems more stable now, may be the answer, I don't know ???) (bedroom upstairs).   I like to watch "My Shows"  "Other Tivo Boxes"  Netflix and Amazon Prime which I need the Internet connection for.   Can anyone help me with a solution or explanation please ?

43 REPLIES 43

Answer for Ashleigh:

Arranged for engineer to call me on Wednesday as he had not heard back from his boss. 

Friday today not heard back from engineer yet.

Seemed a genuine type so still expecting him to call.

Margret

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you managed to swap the boxes as per post-18?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes Japitts...monitoring situation, will let you know what happens,    got 10 days uninterrupted service last time (fingers crossed. 

Surprise, Surprise.....

Engineer DID NOT come back to me.   

This is unacceptable as my monthly fee is £111.15 per month, where is the support/HELP that should come along with this fee. The unreliability of the SH3 is what forced me to have to pay out £150+ for a 3rd party router, (I would rather have kept that money in my pocket)

Update:

2 TIVO V6 boxes on 5G SSID

1 TIVO V^ box on 2.4G SSID

Four days ago V6 on 5G SSID LOST INTERNET CONNECTION NOT WIRELESS CONNECTION...  devices on 2.4G SSID working fine ......  rebooted everything .... RESULT   everything working again

TODAY  V6 on 2.4G SSID LOST INTERNET CONNECTION NOT WIRELESS CONNECTION  .... devices on 5G SSID woking fine ......  rebooted everything ......  RESULT  everything working again

MY diagnosis (and I'm no expert) is that there is a problem with the separation of the SSID's  ??????  As the fault is following the SSID's and not the boxes.

I cannot understand why an individual SSID fails and NOT the whole network.

Looks like I am going to have to pay money out again for a 3rd party company to come in and check out my network issues.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have no idea on suggestions, but you could probably get a cheap dual-band router from eBay for a lot less than £150. The SH isn't known for its WiFi performance, it's a basic free router.

Or If you're on the Ultimate Oomph bundle there may be the option for VM's wireless pods.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your suggestion Japitts.

I had already purchased the ASUS RT-AC86U Router.  which was recommended to me by another virgin customer, so money already spent.

Sorry to hear that the engineer had not come back to you @Margret, have they been in touch with you since your post on Sunday evening?

If you're yet to hear, we can seek to have this followed up for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Not heard anything.  

If possible I would like the same engineer  (his ID no is 60872)  at least he seemed to want to help and was researching the issue on his own time.

Margret

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us Margaret. 

I am sorry to hear that theses issues are still ongoing. 

Can I please clarify if these issues went away when your returned the hub into router mode? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Answer for Zak_M.

NO.

With ASUS Router in place and SH3 in modem mode I am now in my 5th day issue free up to yet (with fingers crossed). 

I got 10 days issue free last time.

The engineer I named has all the facts.

I am monitoring situation, hopefully situation (SSID's) has stabilised. 

I will post if situation changes.

Margret