Menu
mikec_stevenage
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box - EXTRA LOW VOLUME ON HDMI

Virgin

Is there a fix for extra low volume on the HDMI output.

Im having to turn my tv upto max volume (100max) and even then its still not loud.

If I select a different input such as my firestick or freesat box I have the volume approx 30 which is loud. (at 100 volume it will blow up my tv speaker)

Why is your box audio output so low? 

The problem I have is that if the children or wife is watching virgin tivo box and then change the tv input to the firestick / freeview / youtube  etc   without turning down the volume first then its so loud on them thats its causing damage to my speakers and will eventually destroy them

Can you remotely turn up the audio gain on the tivo box

Please dont tell me to goto setting and select between dolby digital and pcm etc as this is not the problem.  The problem is the hardware on your HDMI output. Its gain is way below the correct db level.

Please advise otherwise I will need to return this box as we cannot hear it.

Thanks in advance

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO Box - EXTRA LOW VOLUME ON HDMI

See if this is of any help.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Sound-issues-not-a-V6-issue/td-p/3954694

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the volume is abnormally low the box is quite possibly faulty.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

or look at getting a soundbar.

our tv volume was quite low on virgin. freeplay via the smart tv and our now box was fine.  we have a 200 watt soundbar now with no problems on virgin.

0 Kudos