cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL TV (TCL32S52096)

BenHawkeye
On our wavelength

This is this years model new tv. Codes to program volume do not work. Also tried the scan function. I see other customers have raised the issue with other TCL models. I rang VM and assistant was nice but didnt even know you could program any tv to control volume.

Can a VM associate please raise this issue, to b fixed.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

BenHawkeye
On our wavelength

Just an update.  I tried the scan mode again. If I held the 'up channel' key continuously the tv  did switch off. Pressed ok on the VM remote to save and turned tv back on with TCL tv remote. Volume still not working with VM control. I then realised that if you keep your finger on the 'up ch' and tv turns off it will move on to next code before you save it. Even if you have good reflexes. So did it again and counted roughly number of lights with finger held on like last time. It was somewhere around 410. So did it again and when it got to about 350 I took my finger off and and pressed manually every few seconds and tv went off again around 400. Pressed the okay button on VM remote to save and confirm with flashing green light. Switched tv back on and volume working, all be it in reverse i.e. when you press down the volume gets louder. Bit weird but usable. Earlier when I missed saving the code and you try again, Clear/TV and 0999, I think it carries on from where you stopped and not from the start. The TV did go off again at about 450 lights as well so might be a better code to sort the reverse volume issue. I am going to try again tomorrow. Any better I will update.

Hope it helps. You can message me with any questions.

Tried again and sure enough the 2nd code at 10-20 presses after 1st is the working code. Volume now working properly. Up/Louder.
Hope you get sorted.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BenHawkeye 

It's good to see you managed to get the remote working correctly.

It's also great that you shared the solution on the forums as that may help others with the same issue.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you!