cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles not working

lizzie68
On our wavelength

Badly need the subtitles to work again. I’m hard of hearing and don’t sleep much but I’m keeping my son awake because I need the volume up high. Tried the usual help and settings but they aren’t helping.

6 REPLIES 6

jo1st
Dialled in

I was looking for somewhere to post exactly the same thing.

Ive double checked that the movie I am watching has subtitles and that they are switched on.  It does and they are, but nothing.  Same thing with a movie last night.

I was thinking the other day that not enough programs and films have subtitles, now I have none !   Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I rebooted but that didnt help.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On which channel(s)?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Right now its Film 4 +1, cant remember if it was the same channel last night.  Im almost certain its been several channels over the last week or so.  Sorry I cant be more specific, as well as being half deaf I have an atrocious short term memory.  

Having said that I just checked a couple of random channels and they work fine.   

cje85
Trouble shooter
Channel 4 related channels have no subtitles at the moment due to an incident at their playout centre on Saturday night which has caused severe disruption. I'm sure they're doing everything possible to get things back to normal, including subtitles.

readersdigest
Joining in

BBC channels subtitles are as if it was a live event rather than pre recorded programmes so the script is a few seconds behind. The function is therefore unuseable

@cje85  Sorry, forgot to say thanks.  I shouldve googled first.    *blush*