cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuttering Recording

d_hunt94
Joining in

Hi, 

We have been experiencing stuttering recordings for a good few weeks. Totally unwatchable. 

Is there a known fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That strongly suggests your box has hard drive issues. They can't be fixed remotely and will necessitate a box replacement sooner or later.

You can either wait here for VM staff to pickup (may take a couple of days) or call into faults to report it. (150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you view live TV channels ok? That will prove whether this is being caused by a problem with your incoming TV feed.

If that's ok - try pausing your live TV for 30 seconds and watch delayed. That uses your hard drive in the same way and is effectively a recording. Does this work ok?

If live TV is problematic, that will affect any resultant recordings. If your box has hard drive problems, then that'll affect all recorded & paused content.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi,

We have the stuttering when we pause and then watch on delay, as well as recordings. 

Live TV seems to be unaffected. 

Thank you for the quick response.

David

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That strongly suggests your box has hard drive issues. They can't be fixed remotely and will necessitate a box replacement sooner or later.

You can either wait here for VM staff to pickup (may take a couple of days) or call into faults to report it. (150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone)

Thank you so much for your help. I will await contact from VM staff to help rectify. 

Thanks again, 

David

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @d_hunt94,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see you are having issues with your recordings.

I will send you a private message so I can investigate this further. Please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide