cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on welcome screen

Chapmanhouse
Tuning in

So our fuse box got 'tripped' over an hour ago, and our Internet has come back no problem. However our v6 box has a red light and is stuck on the welcome screen. I have followed all the guides on turning it off and back on again and it will not come back on. Our box has been messing around for a while now and I don't know what else we can do

4 REPLIES 4

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Chapmanhouse,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing problems with your TV box since a power trip and have been unable to get things working again. A red light on the TV Box indicates that the TV is in Standby Mode. When attempting to power it back on, it can take up to 10 minutes for the Welcome Screen to download any updates and start the box after a full power cycle.

Can you please try leaving the box for approximately 10 minutes, to see if anything changes? When the Welcome Screen is showing, is the light still red or does this change colour?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thank you for getting back, I have left the tv to boot up again for about an hour and still no change

Hi, I have left it alone over night and it is still not working

Hi Chapmanhouse,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and for the update, sorry to hear leaving the box for a while didn't help, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see you have managed to arrange a technician, if you do need to rearrange the appointment for any reason you can do this Via your Online Account.

If you need any further help in the meantime, do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.