cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with V6 Picture Quality

sophieanddale
Joining in

Hello

I got a Hitachi 55HK6T64U TV connected to my VM V6 Box. I am really struggling with the picture quality. Whites are purple, darks are super dark and watching any sports it's disgusting. I have recently come back to VM after couple years out. How ever have not had this issue before. I have followed all troubleshooting. Changed V6 Resolution to 1080p and 1080i same issue. Brand new Xbox One Series X HDMi cable, still the same. Entered the TVs settings and applied the V6 HDMi to enhanced. Still nothing changing. Has my eyes changed since 2017 maybe so. I cannot cope with it anymore. I am having to watch sports in my bedroom on a 22" 720p which looks 10x better( yes tried 720p on the V6 downstairs). Also turned matched frame rate on still nothing. 

Just asking if we are missing something that can bring the picture back to life?

Kind Regards

Dale

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this on live TV? If so, any specific channel(s)? OnDemand? Recorded programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It is all channels. Feel like it is the box itself.

Thanks

Hi do you have the right specification HDMI lead it should be 4K high speed. Regards Micky

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sophieanddale wrote:

I am having to watch sports in my bedroom on a 22" 720p which looks 10x better

Have you tried your V6 connected to this TV? It's not clear from your post, but it would be a good test of whether the issue is the Hitachi TV or your V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the reply.

Yes have the HDMi cable provided with the V6 Box and changed to Xbox Series X HDMi cable.

I will try that! Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi @sophieanddale

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you tried the steps above now? How have you managed to get on?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

Tried changing HDMi still the same. Cannot test the V6 box on different room as the connection for coaxial cable is different.

Thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @sophieanddale

I'm so sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the community suggestions. 

To confirm, do you have more than one V6 box? 

Have you checked the settings on the TV itself? 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide