cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming

Ayjayy66
Tuning in

Why is it that I have to stream All 4 on my TV and Netflix on my Xbox because the TiVo just won’t do it, getting mightily frustrated.

19 REPLIES 19

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
On Virgin Media, the All 4 app is only available on the V6 and will be coming soon to the 360 boxes. It's not available on the original TiVo box.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

It’s not just one catch up service, I’m back on my Xbox again because ITV refuses to play as it’s temporarily unavailable … seems like permanently unavailable to me, this TIVO is just awful for catch up services losing patience now 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With the exception of the BBC iPlayer, all OnDemand programmes use the same VOD system, so when you say "ITV refuses to play", what I suspect you mean is "my OnDemand refuses to play".

The obvious question is, what happens? Do you get any error codes or messages? Is the green heartbeat light on the front-left of your box flashing when you have problem?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes the on demand service for catch up just will not work, I have a decent signal from the Wi-Fi as it is in the same room I think I had an error code but I do not have it unfortunately to report. Not sure about the green heartbeat I’ve never seen one but will look for this but I do get 2 small interlinked squares on the display not sure if this is related to the catch up service. 

I have put it on the same program same day same process today and it has connected immediately no issues. I have no explanation as to why it just stops responding 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo doesn't have WiFi, and has its own inbuilt internet connection - the heartbeat light is the status for that.

If the light ever flashes, that's the inbuilt net connection having failed - which will affect all OnDemand & streaming services.

Knowing the error code will also help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Ayjayy66,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry that you are having issues with your catch up streaming.

Are you currently getting error codes when you try to load this up? Here is a link to help with an error you might be seeing 'Click here'

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Well, I have once again no connectivity this time i have noted the code NW-2-5 for netflix this also coincides with a failure to connect to catch up with the code v210. I have tried to connect to virgin media services but it gets failed while configuring.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Look at the front-left of your TiVo, a green light next to a heartbeat symbol. Is it flashing when you have problems, or solidly on?

If it's flashing, the onboard internet connection has failed - this will prevent any internet-based services from working.. it's a fault, and very likely your TiVo needs replacing.

I really appreciate the posting and I am trying to take as much info as I can but I saw no green light solid or flashing just 2 interlocking boxes on the front panel. I have tried to recreate this just to be sure but as sure as eggs is eggs it now connects to the catch up service. It’s like it conspires against me like some contemptuous sentient little imp.