cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming

Menacebabe
Joining in

Hi i had an A01 error come up when I tried to stream apps, on demand and catch up. Some "improvements work" was done on 13.7.21. I did a speed test on my box and it says connection not strong enough. Then last night c133 I've restarted it several times, it was also restarted remotely last night by Virgin.

I can watch tv and my shows but that's it since the maintenance.

Ta

Tracey 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How is your V6 connected to your homehub? Ethernet or (as I suspect) wireless?

If it's wireless, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network and report...

1: What the signal strength is shown as in the top-right.

2: Does the last connection on the left show as "success" or - what's the reason for failure?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hiya

Ive checked my network status it says I've a wired ether net adapter and its connected, i also tested my connection which was successful. On Network Diagnostic it says port configuration test failed. Im not much of a techno whizz so be gentle with me.

Ta

Tracey 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, Ethernet is ideal - makes things easier. And I'll ask the obvious question first - is the cable connected to your homehub at the other end?

Disregard the port config test, that's inaccurate at the best of times. I'm confused when you said in a previous post about a speed test, it's odd for a wired connection to report that if it's the same speed test I'm thinking of (which is Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > TV Speed test)

However, the simple thiing - if your connection reports as "aok", then at the bottom of the network connection screen, please choose "Connect to Virgin Media services now". Sit back for perhaps 30minutes and recheck this screen. What I'd like to see is the connection timestamped with "success" on the left. Is it?

Retry some streaming/OnDemand/apps now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi I've connected to Virgin and it said succeeded i couldn't see aok but when I try apps it buffers then dies.

Ta

Tracey 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Aok" was my expression, if you see success for the connection that's all good.

Can you try the TV speed test on Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > TV Speed test?

And can you use OnDemand services, for example CatchUp TV? BBC uses an app, ITV/C4/C5 just use the VoD platform. Which specific apps are giving this error?

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Menacebabe,

Sorry to hear that you have been having TV streaming issues. Have things improved since your post? If not have you tried our TV help page: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv

Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C