Menu
Highlighted
ursasretreat
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Streaming from V6 to TiVo box

Three visits to install the new V6 box and it does not stream to TiVo box or the other way. Two engineers, three visits, two promised visits by a Senior Engineer who has failed to visit on both occasions, and still not working correctly. Spent 50 minutes being treated like a ping pong ball being passed from department to department being lied to constantly by VIRGINMEDIA personal who do not understand what the faults are, and in the end put me through to broadband fault centre, who hung up when I said the fault was tv related. On top of this have been waiting for a cable pull that every time we have a fault they is the cause of. Trouble is have been waiting since APRIL 2016 with the cable coiled up outside front door. Does anyone know how to get VirginMedia to turn up when promised and fix the fault they came out for?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming from V6 to TiVo box

Hi ursasretreat,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with this.

I've located your account and I can see an appointment has been booked for a technician to check this out for you. I can also see a set of power line adapters has been ordered for you.

Let us know how the appointment goes and give us a shout if you need anything else.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ursasretreat
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh_RW
Received and fitted new supplied powerline kit but still unable to stream between the V6 and TiVo boxes via Ethernet connection.
On engineer visit VirginMedia are 100% failures. Three booked visits of a senior engineer and three visit not kept. Turns out last appointment booked by VM Retention team not book in the correct manner so no engineer turns up.
Customer told visit booked but because departments inside VM DO NOT TALK TO EACH OTHER visits not booked and the first thing the customer knows it is not booked is when they have taken time off waiting in but nobody turns up.
You pay for a service but you do not get it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ursasretreat,

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear this still hasn't been resolved.

When the engineer visited your property was he able to test why you're unable to stream form one box to another? Are there any error messages?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sibthp
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This isn’t going to help. But I’ve been trying to solve this for 3+ years. 2x V6 and A TiVo box and none will steam to the other over VirginMedia purchased Powerline adapotors.

If I run an Ethernet cable between two of them it will work. But that’s not practical and the powerline adaptors should work.
ursasretreat
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Engineer one on first two visit could not on first visit see fault and saw fault on second visit but could not solve it. He then arrange for senior technician to visit the following week. Trouble is VIRGINMEDIA sent a normal engineer who took one look at fault and said he could not fix it. Did not even look at settings or anything on either box. He called a senior technician and arrange for him to visit the following Friday. He did not turn up. Rung Retentions Team who arranged for another set of powerlines to be sent and for Senior Technicians to visit. Powerlines turned up but still would not work / connect. Then the booked Senior Technician did not turn up. Raised complaint and a Manager in Swansea is dealing with and another Senior Technician is meant to be visiting this coming Saturday. 

At present I have it streaming as sorts by using my BT powerline adapters between router and TiVo Box, and the V6 Wi-Fi straight off the routers Wi-Fi, using my Ethernet cables. The trouble with this method is that I get streaming errors come up of slow speed errors and it either box stops showing the program it is streaming from the other box. Also have to leave both boxes fully turned on constantly, so not able to use any of the power saving options built into there functionality, otherwise connection is lost between boxes and have to go through setup every time.  

If I try any of the supplied VM Powerline adapters in the system the two boxes stop seeing each other. If I try doing the connect to VM on the V6 network page it does come up with error (can not locate at present) but it has been reported to VM Faults during my numerous phone conversations.

It took three visits to get the V6 box installed, so far we have waited in on 5 occasions to get the box fixed and still not got it working 100%. This dose pail into insignificance when it comes to the saga of my new cable pull to replace the old one that VM has stated is damaged in the ground, which started March 2016 ( yep that does say March 2016, a whole 22 months ) and is still not pulled all the way to the box. The new cable is and has been all this time coiled up outside my house.

So here is hoping that VM can resolve this fault quicker than my cable pull.

0 Kudos
ursasretreat
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi sibthp,
Thanks for the email, it does answer my own questions about is it a VM powerline adapter fault. Could not go to the extreme that you did with the Ethernet cable as the two boxes and router are in three different rooms across two floors and different sides of the house.
Have you tried any other manufactured powerline adapters?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ursasretreat,

I am sorry to hear that you're having these ongoing issues with streaming and the cabling outside the property not being secured.  I can see that you have a complaint regarding this being looked after by one of our managers already.

You will be contacted regarding this and I'm sure we will work to ensure all your issues are addressed and resolved as soon as possible.

Let us know how you get on.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos