cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming TV dropouts

Bolehill
Dialled in

Hi,

I'm experiencing random dropouts when watching streaming content (Prime/Netfix/Britbox).  There is no pattern to the dropouts - sometimes they happen immediately the programme has started, sometimes over an hour later.  The orange network light illuminates and the buffering 'circle of death' starts followed shortly by a message stating that the content is unavailable and to try again later.

In most cases the network light goes out after a while, sometimes things persist and need to be fixed by forcing a network reconnection.

The V6 box is wired connection (Cat 6 cables) to the Superhub 3 over powerline (Netgear 1200mbps).

Does anyone have any advice on how the connection to streaming services can be improved?

Thanks

Chris

12 REPLIES 12

That is about as fast as the V6 itself can do - so unlikly to be the issue.

@Bolehill wrote:

Thanks Ozsat.

Speed within Netfix app reported as 109.43Mbps

Chris

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

My experience is that the Britbox App itself on V6 is awful.
Very very slow, jumpy vision and buffering.
On firestick it's perfect.
Virgin BB 55MB, Hub 3, Tenda Router, Stream Box - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990

I'd come to the same conclusion.  It's a shame that the Britbox 'browser' within Prime isn't a bit more comprehensive, otherwise I'd use that in preference.

I will give Britbox via Prime another go and maybe run a back to back comparison...