Menu
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Store

So I pre-order Bohemian Rhapsody for my daughter, buy it on the day of release, but when we try to watch it, the store won’t let me sign in, then there is an error. I bet Sky customers didn’t have this problem. Unacceptable Virgin Media!

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Store

0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

That is crazy! So you have to sign in online and then again on the TV, which takes ages! I eventually got in, but even then, the film pauses every 10 seconds. REALLY not good enough. Will never buy from Virgin again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If the film is not streaming correctly, you need to review how your V6 is connected to your home network and ensure that the connection is fast and stable.

How is your V6 connected to your Superhub and which Superhub do you have?

0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have the 3.0 hub and the V6 box is connected by a Netgear extention supplied by Virgin to provide a direct connection from the hub. All other streaming services working fine. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Initially, I would suggest trying the film again today as there were issues with the Virgin Media Store yesterday which, I think, have been fixed. (I’ve just tested the only film we have and it played OK.)

It would also be worth doing a V6 speedtest to see how your home network connection is performing.

You can do this by navigating as follows on your V6:

Home > Help & Settings > Help > Our Other Products > Broadband > Take a Speed Test > 

When you see the Start TV Speed Test button, press Play, not OK and you will get a full, quantified speedtest.

0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting Uh-oh we have a problem - twice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paperboy, 

Really sorry you're having an issue with a film you've purchased via The Store. 

If this is still happening now please give our Store team a call on 
0800 027 0801 and they can have a closer look. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The main problem was not being able to access the film when we wanted to see it. The problem now seems to be the internet feed. The test on the V6, that was recommended, will not work, which makes me think there is a problem with it, rather than the film.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Oh, I see. 

Are you having issues with the internet in any other way or on any other devices?

Are we aware of any issues here

If not then I'd speak to the team on 150/0345 454 1111 so they can have a closer look for you.  

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos