cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop rogue recordings

MaryArea20
On our wavelength

Hello, I am sick of Virgin Media recording shows I have no interest in. I have done thumbs down x 3 and only have one specific selection to automatically record. This smart box is close to having its cords pulled. 

I have not selected for all free space to be used. I’m on top of my series links. 
it’s just so random sometimes …. 

thanks for any help

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like suggestions are enabled..

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings > Suggestions

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello. Thank you I followed your suggestions but found suggestions were not activated. It’s as if it knows what I usually watch and then just goes ahead and records - even though to try to counteract these I add 3 thumbs down.

VM is so frustrating - never a human when you need one.

Thank you again for your suggestion

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried toggling suggestions on & off again?

Is there any pattern to these recordings?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi MaryArea20 thanks for getting back to us.

There is an option to do a factory reset, but keep your recordings.  Have you tried doing this?  If you can and the next time you set anything to manually record, after selecting the recording, select the 'thumbs down' so the box does not identify that as a suggested future recording?

Regards

Lee_R