Menu
Ipswich17
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Start up sequence repeat

Box will not boot up. Self service checks tell me it's all fine which is laughable as not even on! Lol

0 Kudos
Johninboro
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Start up sequence repeat

Einstein only checks the services on the headed systems and can send a hit to repair a fault.  However with your box being offline then no signal is being received or sent from the box.

A hard reboot may be in order.  turn off the box at the back

Hold the + and standby buttons (on the v6 box) together and then turn the box on and wait till you see the welcome screen.

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A box that won't boot up clearly has a fault. You can try powering it off at the mains for perhaps 10minutes to break the cycle, otherwise I'd recommend you call VM to report your service problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Johninboro
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Or they could just do as I posted as that is what the agent will tell them after a power cycle fail.

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.
0 Kudos