cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sounds cutting out

Chalky1313
On our wavelength
Spoiler
Hi, our tv keeps having an intermittent sound fault. It keeps cutting out for a few seconds then back on again.

I’ve reset the box multiple times, I’ve used different HDMI leads and reconnected everything.

it seems to be related to the longer the box is on, as it gets warm. I’ve spoken on the phone with a colleague at Virgin, they did some tests and the sound fixed itself for several weeks, now it’s getting worse and worse. 

we are paying for a service which is borderline unusable
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Paul, that doesn’t resolve the other channels though that it’s happened to since upgrading to 360. Any news on that???

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this affect... Live TV? OnDemand programmes? Recorded programmes?

Does it make any difference if you toggle PCM sound off/on via Help & Settings > Devices > Audio?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, it affects all tv types and I’ve done all the setting test options 

thanks 

Hi there @Chalky1313 

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened and the self checks haven't improved the situation.

Thank you to @japitts on their help and advise so far!

I think this will require an engineer to attend, so I will send you a PM to arrange. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @Chalky1313

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your TV issues – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you. 

We have just upgraded the box to 360. After nearly a year without any issues, we’re back to square one with the picture flicking and sound drop out for 2-3 seconds at a time once again. 
Wish we’d never bothered to upgrade. 
Why and how can Virgin allow this to happen. No wires have been touched, nothing changed, except the upgrade done via the new remote received. And now the programmes are unwatchable again, missing snippets every 30-60 seconds. Absolute joke. And can’t get through to talk to anyone, because the lines are always busy, the WhatsApp bot is useless and the customer care team on the WhatsApp complaints team can’t seem to understand what’s going on. 
Unfortunately because we live in a new build property, the only broadband supplier is Virgin, as it’s a deal done with the builders. So we’re screwed. No competition, so they don’t care. 

Hi Chalky1313,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your 360 box looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can see the last time you spoke to us about this was back in February so it's been a good few months since you last spoke to us on the forums about this issue. I understand you expect your ISP to be flawless but it's not something any provider can promise as faults do occur with technology unfortunately. I understand that doesn't mean it's not frustrating, of course - But we will always be on hand to help.

I have checked your services on my side and can see your power levels on your box are slightly out of spec, this may be causing the issue and I will be happy to book an engineer for you. 

I'll send over a PM now so I can get this done for you.

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Chalky1313, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I have managed to book an engineer visit for you at the earliest convenience.

If you want to check, change or cancel this yourself, you can do so on your Online Account.

I'll try to reach back out to you after the visit just to check on how it went 🙂

Thanks!

Megan_L

Can you also let me know what the fix is to try at home, in case that saves the engineer coming out 

thanks

Hi Chalky1313,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I am really glad the issue rectified itself before the engineer had to go out, I have now cancelled the visit as you requested.

I understand it's still cutting out on BT Sport which is a known issue and we are trying to fix it remotely via our TV faults team, this is affecting multiple customers so is not isolated to just your box.

Please let us know if you have any further issues and we will be happy to help further!

Thanks, 

Megan_L