cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound/vision sync

kimwiles
On our wavelength

Having major problems with sound / vision sync, have tried changing settings as in previous posts and no difference. Happening when using the soundbar connected by optical cable and also when using tv sound. Any help would be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @kimwiles

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums

I'm so sorry to hear that this is happening! 

Having looked into the account I think it would be best for you us to arrange for an engineer to come out and take a look.

I will send you a PM now to arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What settings have you tried changing? The PCM/Dolby option under Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Audio is the one often recommended.

Do you have problems on... live TV? OnDemand? Recorded content? When you say this happens using TV sound, is that using an HDMI connection direct to your TV, or another method?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

kimwiles
On our wavelength

Yes this is the setting I have changed -PCM/Dolby. The problem happens when watching some channels on virgin box - worst channel seems to be the 4k BT sport channel today. Both using the soundbar connected to the tv with optical cable or using the built in tv speakers has problem. Netflix on smart TV and through V6 box also has this problem. Watching video on YouTube via a laptop connected with hdmi cable is fine. We had an internet problem having the GB internet and only getting really slow speeds, so recently had engineer out who replaced the hub and seemed to be better speed but this tv sound lag is still happening

Hi there @kimwiles

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums

I'm so sorry to hear that this is happening! 

Having looked into the account I think it would be best for you us to arrange for an engineer to come out and take a look.

I will send you a PM now to arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Hello again, 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your TV issues– you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you.