cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound reproduction on programs recorded on v6 box

jimmymerlin
On our wavelength

Hi. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem???? When i watch recorded programs back on my V6 box , the picture is fine , but the sound is not very clear. Very often when people are speaking , I can only make out a few words and my wife says the same thing as well. I have a Sony TV with a Sonos soundbar. I also notice the problem when watching programs from the BBC iplayer and Prime tv services. I dont think it can be my hearing or the sound bar because when i watch "live " TV , such as the BBC news or ITV news etc the sound is very clear, but there seems to be a noticeable deterioration in sound quality when watching recorded programs or catch up services. I was wondering if there is anything Virgin could do to boost the sound quality on these services ???? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jimmymerlin wrote:
Wil try the TV sound again, but the Sonos sound bar was mega expensive and i use it to listen to all of my music via deezer.

It's suggested as a diagnostic check, a process of elimination if you will. Not as a permanent solution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi if this was a general issue the forum would be flooded with it, so it sounds like a problem with your system, have you tried the simple solutions of rebooting the box. Regards Micky

Yup, tried rebooting the system many times, but it makes no difference and i can see your point about if it was a general issue that the forum would be flooded with similar remarks. Thanks Jimmy

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a couple of experiments you could try, to narrow this down.

You've mentioned that live TV is ok - how about if you pause a live programme and watch delayed by, say, 30seconds? That's effectively a recording.

Do you have any issues if you bypass your sound bar and connect via HDMI to your TV directly?

Is your sound bar using the optical or HDMI connection?

And have you tried toggling PCM via Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I will try the pause for 30 secs and see what happens. My sound bar can only be connected via an optical cable. Wil try the TV sound again, but the Sonos sound bar was mega expensive and i use it to listen to all of my music via deezer. I will try toggling the sound later by trying to follow what you have said. Thanx for the reply. Cheers Jimmy

Just toggled from dolby digital to the option that says dolby digital to pcm and will give it a try , Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jimmymerlin wrote:
Wil try the TV sound again, but the Sonos sound bar was mega expensive and i use it to listen to all of my music via deezer.

It's suggested as a diagnostic check, a process of elimination if you will. Not as a permanent solution.