cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound out of sync

Letouldren
Joining in

Hi have just joined Virgin, we have 2 boxes on 1 the sound is out of sync. It is connected to a Samsung 4K tv

39 REPLIES 39

Mills82
On our wavelength

I’m having issues with lip sync issues with my Sonos Arc. I am using iVanky HDMI cables that I purchased from Amazon. I have tried all my old ones as well, but with no joy.

Hi, did a search by there are a few, can you show a snapshot of the ones you used? Much appreciated,

Mills82
On our wavelength

This is the one I got.

iVANKY 2M HDMI Cable, 4K High-Speed HDMI 2.0 Cable, Nylon Braid & Gold-plated Connectors, Support HDR.

Thanks, much appreciated

Simonb123
On our wavelength

That worked!

Thanks 👍

Just wanted to thank you for this advice. I've had this issue for years and virgin always respond with "change Dolby settings" or "try a new HDMI" none of which make any difference.

I have 1080p, 1080p (pass through) and 1080i turned on. Do I need the pass through option?

When I switch between sources it does flicker or initialise a couple of times but its absolutely nothing compared with losing sync all the time

Do I use settings on tv control, or virgin media

Spudster123
Settling in

Hi everyone!

I'm having the same issues with the V6 updated box. Completely out of sync on most channels through my ARC soundbar to the point of being unwatchable, esp on BT Sports Ultimate (2160)

Changed the HDMI to 2.0 and still the problem. Virgin actually came out and changed the box. The engineer was flummuxed too! The audio delay settings on seem to make it worse somehow, as if the delay needs negative reduction. 

I used to sort the delay by going onto Optical on the soundbar, but that's now gone out as well and the sounds bad using the TV audio! ARRGHHHH!  

Any help would be greatly received as I'm close to chucking everything out the window!!! lol

Phiips amblight 4k tv and Philips Atmos soundbar.

Thanks in advance

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Spudster123 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm having the same issues with the V6 updated box. Completely out of sync on most channels through my ARC soundbar to the point of being unwatchable, esp on BT Sports Ultimate (2160)

Changed the HDMI to 2.0 and still the problem. Virgin actually came out and changed the box. The engineer was flummuxed too! The audio delay settings on seem to make it worse somehow, as if the delay needs negative reduction. 

I used to sort the delay by going onto Optical on the soundbar, but that's now gone out as well and the sounds bad using the TV audio! ARRGHHHH!  

Any help would be greatly received as I'm close to chucking everything out the window!!! lol

Phiips amblight 4k tv and Philips Atmos soundbar.

Thanks in advance

Are you talking about a V6 box or TV360?

The followimng should help if it's a 360

If you are using a sound bar try connecting the 360 to a TV HDMI port without ARC.

If you are connected to a HDMI ARC connector on the TV try connecting to a non ARC HDMI connector, using ARC has been a problem for some people.

Also if you are using  fibre optic straight from the 360 to your sound bar then set Dolby to Follow Content. (There are 3 options under Audio & Video > Dolby Audio > Always convert, Follow Content and Disabled.- might be an idea to try all three options and also use your TV and soundbar settings to fine tune the audio

The HDMI cable should be HDCP2.2 compliant and connected to a HDCP2.2 compliant port.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

RJMW62
Joining in

In settings I found and used PCM 5.1 (HDMI only) This worked for me. Samsung Q-Symphony sound bar 800B